2017 – PhD, History, University of Georgia
· Dissertation: “Root Diggers and Herb Gatherers: The Rise and Fall of the Botanical Drug Industry in Southern Appalachia.”
· Areas of expertise: environmental history, agricultural history, Appalachian South, New South, African history.
· Committee members: John Inscoe (advisor), Shame Hamilton, Timothy Cleaveland, and Kathryn Newfont (University of Kentucky).
2012 – M.A., History, Western Carolina University
· M.A. in American History. 4.0 GPA.
· Master’s Thesis: “Hugh MacRae and the Idea of Farm City: Race, Class, and Conservation in the New South, 1905-1934.” Advisor: Dr. Richard Starnes.