Honors and Awards
· 2017 – Outstanding Teaching Award. Awarded annually by the University of Georgia Graduate School to the top 10% of graduate teachers.
· 2015-2016 - Fellow, Winterthur Museum, Gardens, and Library, Winterthur, DE. One month residential fellowship to conduct research in the library’s collections.
· 2015-2016 - Exploratory Research Grant, Hagley Museum, Wilmington, DE. One-week residential fellowship to conduct research into special collections.
· 2016-2017 – Dooley Award, University of Georgia History Department. Research grant awarded to graduate students to conduct research related to dissertation.
· 2015-2016 –Graduate Research Award, Willson Center. Research grant awarded annually by the Willson Center at UGA to four graduate students in any department at UGA.
· 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 - Amanda and Greg Gregory Fellow. Research grants awarded annually to UGA history graduate students.
· 2014 - Archie K. Davis Fellow. Research grant awarded annually by the North Caroliniana Society to 8-12 researchers to conduct research related to North Carolina history and culture.
· 2014 - Elected to the Georgia Tech Sports Hall of Fame (for football career, 1999-2002)
· 2013-2014 - William Jennings Bryan Award, University of Georgia History Department. Voted on by faculty annually for best paper written by a graduate student.
· 2010-2011, 2011-2012 - Earned tuition waver/scholarship from Western Carolina University History Department.
· 2005 – Media Award, Hiwassee River Watershed Coalition
· 2001-2003 - Dean’s list, Ivan Allen College, Georgia Tech
· 2002 –Academic All-Atlantic Coast Conference Football Team